We made it through the first two days of school! They were busy days full of procedures, getting to know each other, and some really cool science. Mrs. Bellamy’s class made solar ovens and cooked s’mores yesterday. Mrs. Willden and Mrs. Whatcott’s classes learned what “citrullus vulgaris” is and did several experiments before eating some in the shade at recess. We can already tell that this year’s group of kids is so fun loving, eager to learn, and enthusiastic. We are looking forward to the rest of the year!
Here are some reminders and updates for this week:
- If you haven’t signed up for our text updates, please consider taking advantage of this easy communication tool. Text “follow @polarbears2nd” to 40404 to get the 2nd grade updates and “follow @polarbearsprnt” to 40404 to get the school-wide updates.
Mrs. Willden and Mrs. Whatcott’s classes:
- Homework will be sent home on Monday and is due on Thursday. This week there won’t be any spelling.
- A home reading chart will be sent home at the beginning of every month. Please have your student read at least 20 minutes a night or 100 minutes a week. Send the calendar back at the end of the month.
- Spelling tests will take place on Fridays except for this week.
- A grade printout will be sent home monthly. If you would like to check grades more often, please use the Power School website. If you need help logging in, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Mrs. Bellamy’s class: